Mulch is any type of organic solid that is spread or arranged over the top of the soil as a covering. It is used to trap moisture in the soil, prevent weed growth, keep the soil cool, and make the garden bed look more appealing.
Organic mulches also help boost the soil’s fertility, as they break down. Organic mulch will eventually decompose and must be swapped out for fresh material; however, in the process, it will increase your soil’s fertility and, of course, its organic content. In general, the woodier and dryer the mulch, the slower it will break down and the less nutrients it will give to the soil.
Wood Bark is an excellent option for ground cover around plants and trees as it will maintain soil moisture in the Summer and will guard roots from frost in the Winter. Wood Bark has a more rough and rugged appearance than mulch but preserves the earthiness of wood over stone, and will have your garden looking lush and healthy in no time.
The following is a list of mulch options to consider for your next landscaping project:
- Bark Chips are available in Douglas Fir and come in small, medium and large sizes.
- Bark Mulch is a freshly ground bark made of spruce, pine and fir.
- Cedar Mulch contains slight acidity and should be used cautiously around perennials and other small plants.
- Coloured Mulch is made of spruce, pine and fir, and is available in the colours black and red.
- Premium Mulch is made from spruce and pine and is great for retaining moisture and weed suppression.
- Compost is composed of a mixture of organic materials is great for garden mixes and lawn dressing.
The short list above contains just a select few of the many types of mulch that we carry. At Rockland Landscaping Supplies, we offer a huge variety of rocks, soils and mulches and can carry up to 32 yards at a time. We offer boulder delivery and placement with our picker/boom truck. This truck also enables us to deliver pallets of retaining wall blocks, sidewalk blocks and paving stones.
Are you searching for a high-quality and reliable landscaping company to supply your business with materials? Contact Rockland Landscaping Supplies today.